Bedwetting accidents happen. It’s plain and simple. They just happen. My oldest daughter not so much, but we went through a few accidents with my youngest daughter. A few years ago, I heard from a friend about a great tip. I have been passing on this tip to friends. Obviously, you cannot purchase a new mattress after every accident, so this tip is much more doable on a family budget.
1. Once the accident happens, immediately strip the bed. Try to blot the mattress with a paper towel to soak up the urine. Do not rub as this will cause the stain to get bigger.
2. Take a box of baking soda and sprinkle all over. Allow to sit for at least 8 eight hours, so it can draw out the remaining moisture and also take away the smell.
3. Take the hose from your vacuum cleaner and vacuum up all the baking soda.
4. Take a mixture of 1 -cup vinegar and 1-cup of hot water. Spray all over the mattress where the accident happened.
5. Grab a hair dryer and dry the mattress. OR open the shades or blinds in the room and let it air dry.
6. After drying, spray febreeze lightly over the mattress.
This works as I have used this tip many times and friends have used the tip. Hope it helps you.