The deep freeze is settling in over the High Country, and we are starting to feel the cabin fever! The Children’s Playhouse in downtown Boone is the cure! The Playhouse features an Arts & Crafts studio, Music & Drama corner, Construction zone, Book nook, Train table, Loft play space, Sand & water play and more!
They are also looking to bring a new Vet Clinic exhibit to our loft area complete with a pet grooming station and a x-ray viewer (see below), to decorate a Meadow welcoming to books and babies, to create a What’s Cooking Kitchen, and to upgrade Romp and Stomp with a Matisse-inspired mural and a low traversing ! Please see the website (www.goplayhouse.org) for more details about the plan.
Kathy Parham sent me a list of things you might have around the house that they could use. Please look over this wish list:
- overhead projector (to borrow for a few days to complete our mural, but we would also love one to keep).
- used x-ray viewbox (a new one will cost over $150 with shipping)
- wall pocket to hold 14″x17″ x-rays
- child-sized doctor or vet jacket or scrubs (we want to have about 4 of these)
- play stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, etc (we will need multiple sets)
- pretend pet grooming props (brushes, combs, empty shampoo bottles)
- posters and books about animals and animal care
- fabric remnants and pillow forms or stuffing for floor pillows, cushions and curtains–we also need velcro
- large acoustic tiles for sound baffles in the basement
- for the basement
- lighting fixture to go under the loft.
- shelving for the meadow room and the basement
- birch plywood to build vet tables
- small pet cages or kennels (no higher than 26″)
- 4’x8′ plywood sheets for climbing wall
- refills for paint rollers (we already have the rollers) and tarps
Click here to see the programs offered at the Playhouse. Get the scoop on events here. And stay tuned to the Mom Squad for upcoming classes and special events!
The Playhouse is offering a free Family Day Pass for a Mom Squad Reader! That’s admission to the playhouse for your entire family for a day! Here’s how to enter:
- Visit GoPlayhouse.org, and peruse the Programs for children, or adults/caregivers.
- Come back and comment on this post, saying which programs would interest you!
As always, get an extra entry if you:
- Are a Mom Squad Subscriber. (click here for email updates)
- Share this post by Facebook, Blog or email