Looking for a place to have a birthday party in the High Country? Here are our recommendations:
- You only pay a small fee $50.00 for members/60.00 for non members. This allows you to have 15 little swimmers and if you want to invite more its $2.00 extra per child. I think that this is the best deal in town.
- You get to use the big conference room upstairs(equipped with Refrigerator microwave etc.) to have your cake and refreshments. We usually let the birthday queen or king open presents in this room as well! My preference is to do this before swimming so that we don’t have wet cold kids.
- You also get to have the nice warm Therapy pool for the kids to swim and play in. They usually provide a lifeguard to help out at the pool! Which makes it so much easier for my peace of mind! I like the Therapy pool better than the Olympic size pool because its smaller and more manageable . Plus the water is warmer than the bigger pool. Also, you have the bubble option like a huge jacuzzi to use too. The kids love having the bubbles on!
- The bathrooms are close and you have access to the showers!
You are able to have the moo-cow present for the party and use the playroom. Win-win for everyone!
- a designated birthday party facilitator,
- a special guided museum experience designed for the birthday child. Your child’s “museum games” include a kid-friendly Scavenger Hunt (“I Spy” for younger kids) in the museum galleries to explore the current exhibits,
- a private party room in our beautiful Education Center,
- a hands-on, take-home art project (a list of choices is available here).
4. Skate world
Parents choose between a private or public party. Call for more details: (828) 297-3296
Birthday packages are available in the winter. Individual and group lessons are available by appointment. Call 1-800-322-2373 for more details.
This exciting camp features an 800-square foot, interactive play area for children. The space features “Fort”, a themed tree house, tunnel and playhouse for younger children. The room includes a large-scale model railroad, a children’s climbing wall and a video viewing area. This room may be booked for Children’s Birthday Parties with refreshments by Timberlake’s Restaurant available for purchase upon request. Please call 28-295-5535 for more details.
The Children’s Playhouse provides the perfect setting for a birthday party to remember. Kids love exploring all the indoor-outdoor play areas while you can relax and enjoy the party. A staff member will be on hand to assist with set-up and clean-up. A $25 deposit is required to reserve your spot with the remainder of the fee due on the day of the party. Call 263-0011 for more information!
Time Slots: 5:30-7:00 on Fridays, 3:30-5:00 on Saturdays, and 2:30-4:00 or 4:00-5:30 on Sundays. Party includes the exclusive use of the whole Playhouse for 90 minutes, 1 art project, and guest passes for goody bags. Families provide decorations, food, and clean up. A Playhouse assistant is on hand to help! Cost is $70 for members, $95 for nonmembers.
9. Regal Cinema (If there is a good children’s movie playing at the time of your event)
Please call (828) 262-3330 for more details.
10. Michael’s Craft Store
Reserve the Michael’s party room and select the craft you would like your guests to make. Call (828) 265-8334 for more details.
11. Boone Sweet Frog
SweetFrog Birthday Package:
You will receive:
1. One Hour of exclusive store usage
2. Dedicated Party Host
3. 12 ounce cup for all party attendees
4. SweetFrog T-Shirt for Birthday Child
5. Birthday Message on our In-Store Board
6. Music of choice
7. Ten Balloons
8. Photo Booth with props
9. 20% Discount (yogurt and coffee) for all Adult Attendees
$149.85 for 12-15 kids
Additional Kids = $9.99
Party Options (Additional Cost):
Invitations ($1.50/each): Custom SweetFrog Birthday Invitations.
Party Favors ($6.00/child): Sticker, Wristband, and $5 Gift Card.
I would also love to hear your feedback on some other great ideas. If you have kids that have birthdays in the winter months, it is very helpful to know what peoples experience is so that you can be well informed before planning your event. So, please share your ideas and experiences with us. We want to know about them.