- Day 1: Laura Kaufman CDs
- Day 2: Creative Memories from Paula
- Day 3: Suddenly Showing
- Day 4: Maggie Farrington Photography
- Day 5: Change the World Benefit Concert
- Day 6: Blimpie Soups and Sandwiches
You may have seen and heard local jazz musician Todd Wright, and his quartet playing smooth music around Boone. Well he is teaming up with Appalachian State University professor (and Mom Squad reader) Tiffany Christian, and social work students to “Change the World”! This concert will benefit their International Social Work Service trip to Uganda! You can keep up with the progress toward the trip, as well as updates from the field on their blog, ASU Uganda 2008.
So make your way to Farthing Auditorium in Boone on March 6th at 7 PM. Tickets are $5 each, available at the Farthing ticket office. The concert will feature The Todd Wright Quartet, with an opening performance from local youth band “Consecrated.” Tiffany will even make an appearance, singing… well, it’s a surprise. You’ll just have to go see for yourself! Silent Auction and sales featuring products made in Uganda will be available in the lobby.
One Mom Squad Reader will win two tickets to the benefit concert! It would be great if you want to visit the websites mentioned in the post, but there are no hoops to jump through for this giveaway! Just:
1. Leave a comment on this post, including an email address where I can contact you. You can spell out the [at] and [dot] to avoid spambots. Example: singforhim94 [at] yah** [com]. Pretty soon, we will be moving to a format where you can leave me your email confidentially. If you left your email on a previous contest, that is sufficient.
3. If you email this contest to a non-subscriber, leave another comment, saying “email.” You get yet another chance to win!
All the contests will run through the week, and will be closed on Sunday, Feb 24. The winners will be announced on Monday, Feb 25.
Add your comment by visiting the High Country Mom Squad, (Click Here) then click “Post a Comment” at the very bottom of this post. When the comment page comes up, type your comment, then click “Sign In,” “Name/URL” or “Anonymous,” and publish your comment. IF you have any trouble commenting, please email me.
More Mom Squad Articles:
Advertising Policies on the High Country Mom Squad
How to Get Great Customer Service
Listing of Local Parks