Tasty Tuesday will be an ongoing feature, with a reader-submitted recipe or Mom Squad Review of a local restaurant. Try out these recipes, because in a few months, we’ll vote on our favorite.
Thanks to Dell for sending in this recipe. I love cooking in the crockpot, but I’m kind of tired of all three of my crockpot recipes, so I’ll be trying this soon.
Dell says, “I love crockpot recipes because they are so easy. But I have a hard time finding ones we like and are healthy/lowfat. Here is a favorite…”
- 3-5 chicken breasts thawed and cut in half
- 3-5 pieces ham (I use cheepo, thin sliced kind)
- 3-5 slices provolone (reduced fat is fine, lots of times I only use 1/2 slice)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (98% lowfat works fine)
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 3 Tablespoons sherry or white wine
- ground pepper to taste
1. Flatten chicken in plastic wrap using a mallet or even a hammer
2. Put one slice of ham and cheese on half and fold
3. Brown in skillet sprayed with cooking spray on both sides
4. Put in crock pot
5. Cover with .
6. Cook on low 4-5 hours.
Can be served on rice or noodles (We prefer brown rice which I cook ahead, freeze and pull out and nuke for a few minutes)
NOTE: Frozen Chicken Breasts are half price at Harris Teeter through tonight
What is your favorite crockpot meal?