This week’s Tasty Tuesday recipe comes from Mom Squad reader, Shelly! The recipe is from Rachel Ray, with notes added by Shelly. This looks like it would be a great freezer meal, what do y’all think?
- 1 16 oz. Jar fire-roasted peppers drained, split and seeded (at HT, this is 3.79 – in vegetable aisle, I also roasted my own peppers on pan in oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes)
- 12 oz shredded Mexican Cheese blend (3 cups)
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef (be sure to use lean – when I used 80/20, the grease bubbled over)
- 1 16 oz. Jar chunky salsa
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (we used dried)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 10-inch pie plate lightly with olive oil and line with the red peppers. Scatter 1 cup of cheese on top.
2. In a large bowl, mix 1 cup cheese, beef, ¾ cup salsa, bread crumbs, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper until just combined. Press into the pepper-and cheese-lined pie plate. Spread the remaining salsa over the top. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Scatter the remaining 1 cup cheese on top and bake for 35 min longer. Let cool for about 15 min before slicing..