The High Country Mom Squad has had an incredible first year, thanks to the awesome Moms and Awesome Sponsors in the High Country!
We officially launched the second week of February 2008 with Momapalooza, a week of giveaways from local businesses. Stay tuned for an announcement of our first birthday celebration, and keep spreading the word! 2009 is going to be better than ever for High Country Families!
Along with celebrating where we’ve come, I’d like to let you in on where we’re going this year. I’ve got big plans for expanding the concept of the Mom Squad, and getting local moms involved. Here’s what you’ll see:
- A totally new design of the website that will knock your socks off!
- More regular columnists contributing everything from parenting articles to local area updates.
- More and better contests and giveaways!
- New Episodes of the Mom Squad TV show on MTN, viewable on the web right here.
We need YOU! Here’s what you can do to contribute to the Mom Community here in the High Country:
- Spread the word! Tell your friends about the Mom Squad, forward the updates and newsletters to those who may enjoy it.
- Link to us on your blog, website, or profile! Send me your link if you’re a subscriber, and I’ll post it on our “reader’s websites” page.
- Leave Comments! We love to hear from you, and comments really energize a blog author, even if it’s something short!
- Ask questions! Our Ask the Mom Squad panel is excited about sharing their knowledge, and many other moms may have the same question. You can be anonymous if you’d like!
- Subscribe! Did you know you can get daily email updates or a Weekly Newsletter? Click here for daily updates, and enter your email address in the form in the sidebar for the Weekly Newsletter. With daily updates, you won’t miss the Awesome Deal Alerts!
- Write! I am currently accepting applications for regular columnists here on the Mom Squad. We still need area updates (Deep Gap, Jeffersons, Bethel, Zionville, Blowing Rock, etc), High Country Mom profiles, and informative articles, and someone to coordinate Freebie Friday) Contact Sarah if you’re interested.
- Be a deal Scout! If you find an awesome deal in town, send me the info, so I can post it!
So what do you think? Are you excited about 2009?.